FAST FORWARD ADVANCE
Always move forward, do some good, and be better than yesterday
I'm a product designer who is traveling somewhere in the world for a year. I left my Seattle life and sold just about everything to live out of my backpack. Here's to chasing adventure and a better self. This is a journal capturing what inspires me while I travel. Do to be.
When designing, I care about craftsmanship and solving hard problems with good folks.
When not designing, I enjoy making things, endurance challenges, and climbing.
FOCUS | create and learn everyday, make things
ELEVATE | read & analyze books, write, focus
ADVANCE | run, cycle, climb, explore
Travel with wife for one year(Done 4/18/17, 23 countries)
- Found best pork belly dish of the world: Street food in Taipei, Taiwan (Done, started 4/21/16)
- Work on projects that help the community (
in searchstarted 6/5/17 Joined Axon to help police protect lives) Design passion project that involves hardware, mobile, and web (started 12/2016, find developer, On hold)
- Read at least 15 books in 2017 and analyze highlights (started 1/1/17)
- Create everyday (continue, focus on continuity and work towards a goal)
Practice travel photography and publish photos(Stop, rework into new project to publish a photo journal of my travels )
- Write articles and/or blog at least once a week ( see above )
- Write down 10 new ideas per day (started 11/2016)
- Start mindfulness daily routine (started 2/4/2017)
Lest I continue
My complacent way,
Help me to remember that somewhere,
Somehow out there
A man died for me today.
As long as there be war,
I then must
Ask and answer
Am I worth dying for?
-Eleanor Roosevelt, "A Wartime Prayer"